Cheese. Ooooey Goooey c.h.e.e.s.e. Is there anybody that doesn’t love melted cheese? Like this Warm Pimento Cheese Dip… just what your tailgate needs if you take along a grill and have some FIRE!
For when you need just a little something to have alongside soup for supper, keep ingredients on hand to throw this goodness together on those busy eves when running from ball practice and games to the dance studio. Now that school and “life” has commenced, quick meals that all will enjoy will make mama or daddy happy… this one is very kid-friendly too.
Enjoy… and get your cheese on! For supper. By the fire pit. Tailgate parties and more!!!
Credentials @ LinkedIn
Disclosure: I only recommend products here I use myself. I may receive a small commission from affiliate links on this or other posts on this web site at no additional costs to you.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY TABLE SCRAPS NEWSLETTER!
Be sure to visit (and share) my online stores:
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen my unique seasonings, kitchen doodads & more!
Rada Knives and Kitchen Tools USA made budget-friendly cutlery (great for gifting)
Watkins 1868 Store. Did your mama and grandma buy from “the Watkins Man?” The best vanilla…
LINKS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON SIDE MENU OF BLOG HOME PAGE.
Warm Pimento Cheese Dip With Pretzels
- 1 pound box Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 8 ounce block Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 8 ounce block Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- dried or fresh herbs of choice (we used thyme)
- 2 4 ounce jars diced pimento, drained
- 1 small red pepper, cut into slivers
- ¾ cup crispy fried onions (like used on green bean casserole)
- 2 boxes 6 count frozen heat and serve pretzels prepared per package
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 10- to 12-inch skillet and scatter with the cubes of cheese. Dust with the onion and garlic powders. Bake for about 25 minutes until just melted.
- Add black pepper, herbs if using and half the diced pimento. Swirl gently with a knife to blend a bit. Scatter with the remaining pimento, slivers of red pepper and crispy onions.
- Serve with broken pretzels for dipping while warm.