Cheese. Ooooey Goooey c.h.e.e.s.e. Is there anybody that doesn’t love melted cheese? Like this Warm Pimento Cheese Dip…
For when you need just a little something to have alongside soup for supper, keep ingredients on hand to throw this goodness together on those busy eves when running from ball practice and games to the dance studio. Now that school and “life” has commenced, quick meals that all will enjoy will make mama or daddy happy…
This is a perfect side to enjoy with Ms. Velma’s “…it’s just soup!” And my Chunky Monkey Banana Moon Pie Ice Cream Cake in the freezer for dessert won’t hurt either.
If you haven’t visited yet, come on over to Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen… my online store! Shop for yourself, find practical gifts for friends birthdays… wedding and Christmas gifts too. If you’re close to me, I will even deliver for free. Stay tuned. Lots of new goodies will be added in the next couple weeks…
Enjoy… and get your cheese on! For supper. By the fire pit. Tailgate parties and more!!!
This recipe created for and published in Carolina Country Magazine September 2021.
Food propping/styling and photography © (copyrighted) by Wendy Perry.
Carolina Country Magazine Contributing Recipes Editor
Disclosure: I only use and recommend products here I use myself. I may receive a small commission from affiliate links on this or other posts on this web site at no additional costs to you.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY TABLE SCRAPS E-ZINE NEWSLETTER!
Find me on social media:
Wendy’s HOME Economics! Page on FB @culinaryadventuristwendy on IG
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen Page on FB @auntdeedeeskitchen on IG
Credentials @ LinkedIn
Be sure to visit my online stores:
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen for my unique seasonings, dried goods, pickles, jams, preserves, kitchen linens and more! New goodies arriving in 2023.
And for the best budget-friendly MADE IN THE USA by folks like you and me, my Rada Knives and Kitchen Tools online store.
And my Watkins 1868 Store. Did your mama and grandma buy from “the Watkins Man?” The best vanilla…
THESE LINKS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON SIDE MENU OF MY BLOG HOME PAGE.
Warm Pimento Cheese Dip With Pretzels
- 1 pound box Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 8 ounce block Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 8 ounce block Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- dried or fresh herbs of choice (we used thyme)
- 2 4 ounce jars diced pimento, drained
- 1 small red pepper, cut into slivers
- ¾ cup crispy fried onions (like used on green bean casserole)
- 2 boxes 6 count frozen heat and serve pretzels prepared per package
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 10- to 12-inch skillet and scatter with the cubes of cheese. Dust with the onion and garlic powders. Bake for about 25 minutes until just melted.
- Add black pepper, herbs if using and half the diced pimento. Swirl gently with a knife to blend a bit. Scatter with the remaining pimento, slivers of red pepper and crispy onions.
- Serve with broken pretzels for dipping while warm.