Make a quick trip through your grocer’s deli and salad bar to grab what you need to throw together this Surf n’Turf Stir Fry!
I’m always coming up with ideas for my monthly magazine photo shoots to have some sort of theme for my 3 recipes, for myself and the readers too… something that ties them together in some way. Sometimes it’s an appetizer, main and salad… or side or dessert or even beverages.
For some time, I’ve had an idea to do some easy “deli-salad bar” quick to make suppers for those busy nights when parents are running to ballgames and dance studios… some both! For the April issue, I did just that. And since I know you’re busy, I won’t get too wordy here and take up your time.
When a quick and flavorful supper is needed, it’s time to pull out the wok or big skillet for a speedy stir fry. The salad bar is your friend for these nights for sure! While the deli slices your beef, grab nearby cooked shrimp and your salad bar veggies and dressing… in no time you’re home and your family’s feet will be under the table eating this 20-minute meal. Keep extra takeout chopsticks on hand for these fun dinners!
I love my friend Kissie’s Little Black Dressing Far East Flair salad dressings to “dress” this stir fry… just pure good stuff in her dressings… and sold refrigerated in produce departments… where fresh salad things ought to be! Visit her web page to see all the delicious dressings she has to offer.
Along with this tasty Asian dish, be sure not to miss my other two in the Carolina Country April 2022 issue…
Just a quick zip thru your grocery store deli, salad bar and produce area and you’ll have all you need with just a couple of staples you’re sure to have in your pantry for all these recipes. Tweak these ideas to suit the taste buds around your table and supper’s served!
Run along now… you’ve got places to be!
Join my social media communities:
Wendy’s HOME EConomics! Facebook
@culinaryadventuristwendy on IG
Disclosure: I only use and recommend products here I use myself. I may receive a small commission from affiliate links on this or other posts on this web site at no additional costs to you.
Be sure to visit my online stores:
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen for my seasonings, dried goods, pickles, jams, preserves, kitchen linens and more!
And for the best budget-friendly MADE IN THE USA by folks like you and me, my Rada Knives and Kitchen Tools online store.
THESE LINKS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON SIDE MENU OF MY BLOG HOME PAGE.
Surf & Turf Asian Stir Fry
- 1 bag shredded slaw mix cabbage with carrots
- 1 large zucchini sliced in 1/2” half-moon pieces
- 1 bunch green onions sliced into 1” pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 bottle Asian salad dressing (I used NC’s Little Black Dressing Far East Flair)
from Salad Bar:
- sliced bell peppers
- sliced mushrooms
- broccoli cut smaller if large pieces
- about 3/4 lb. thicker sliced rare London broil (I prefer Boar's Head) torn into bite-size pieces
- about 3/4 lb. cooked shelled and tail off large shrimp
- toasted sesame seeds
- Heat wok or large bottomed skillet over high heat. Lightly coat with cooking oil.
- Add all vegetables from produce and salad bar. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender and larger pieces are getting a light char.
- Stir in garlic paste, beef, shrimp and dressing just long enough to heat while tossing (1-2 minutes). Be sure not to cook too long or beef and shrimp will become overdone and tough.
- Remove from heat. Scatter with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.