Make a quick trip through your grocer’s deli and produce departments along with their salad bar to grab what you need to throw together these Tex-Mex TacoBellas served over a simple creamy Ranch Salad!
To help me in planning and give them cohesiveness in some way, I’m always pondering little themes for my monthly recipe collections for Carolina Country magazine. This keeps my rambling mind with gazillions of ideas in focus so they aren’t a mish-mashed bunch of unrelated dishes.
For some time, I’ve had an idea to do some easy “deli-salad bar” quick-to-make-suppers for those busy nights when parents are running here and there for the kiddos practices or games! I hope you’ll find my April trio fun and tasty for your busy nights… or any night. And since I know you’re busy, I won’t get too wordy here and take up your time.
Sometimes I enjoy a meatless supper like this one. But for those who need some meat, you can easily add shredded rotisserie chicken to these stuffed mushrooms, or simply serve alongside. Just add to your deli shopping list. Have fun seeing what your other deli goodies are available to add to salad bar and produce area helpers to make these outside-the-box “tacos!”
Just a quick zip thru your grocery store deli, salad bar and produce area and you’ll have all you need with just a couple of staples you’re sure to have in your pantry. Tweak these ideas to suit the taste buds around your table and supper’s served!
Run along now… you’ve got places to be!
Join my social media communities:
Wendy’s HOME EConomics! Facebook
@culinaryadventuristwendy on IG
Disclosure: I only use and recommend products here I use myself. I may receive a small commission from affiliate links on this or other posts on this web site at no additional costs to you.
Be sure to visit my online stores:
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen for my seasonings, dried goods, pickles, jams, preserves, kitchen linens and more!
And for the best budget-friendly MADE IN THE USA by folks like you and me, my Rada Knives and Kitchen Tools online store.
THESE LINKS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON SIDE MENU OF MY BLOG HOME PAGE.
Tex-Mex TacoBellas over Ranch Salad
- 4 medium portabellas for stuffing
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- pico or salsa
- ¾ lb. grain salad I found and used quinoa with corn salad.
From salad bar:
- small cup of black beans
- sliced onions
- colored bell peppers finely diced
- pickled jalapeno
- about 2 cups shredded cheese
- nuts or seeds I used pumpkin seed.
- crispy tortilla strips
- chopped lettuce
- ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray baking dish.
- Gently remove stem and gills inside mushroom caps. Place (inside down) on microwave safe dish lined with paper towel. Cook about 2 minutes to remove moisture and soften caps.
- Place caps into baking dish. Add chopped cilantro to grain salad, then divide with beans into caps. Layer with remaining bar vegetables. Cover with cheese and bake 8-10 minutes until hot and cheese is bubbly.
- While baking, toss lettuce with ranch dressing.
- Garnish tacobellas with seeds, tortilla strips and pico or salsa. Squeeze lime juice over and serve over bed of dressed lettuce.