Published in Carolina Country Magazine June 2019
This heat wave has just gotten outta control! Got no time nor inclination to cook anything… and for those who want to join me in that boycott, here’s a light and fresh salad for you to enjoy… nice and cold, on a sweltering hot day! Pick up some fresh sweet summer corn from your local farmers market and the best crab you can get your hands on… and fix yourself this salad. I’m pretty sure you’ll be glad you did.
Tasty Tip… If you shop at Savory Spice Shop, I recommend adding some of my favorite Cali Citrus Rub to this salad (you can order online too).
TIP: Does your corn fly here, there and everywhere when cutting off the cob? Just sit the cob like this on your bundt pan, slice, and it will fall right into the pan for easy gathering.
Summer Corn & Crab Salad with Honey-Citrus Dressing
Honey Citrus Dressing
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lemon, lime and orange
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
Corn and Crab Salad
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 6 ears) cut from cob
- 1 small red onion, cut in slivers
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- several radishes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces more more! fresh crabmeat
- Whisk all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Stir all ingredients together with dressing. Gently fold in crab. Chill for at least an hour or two for flavors to meld.