Join me today in celebrating #NationalJellyDoughnutDay and make yourself a batch of these scrumptious doughnut holes… bite into these crispy little fritters and find a burst of flavor from Peggy Roses Hot Pepper Jelly, some with her All Natural Peanut Butter too! The little bit of heat you get with the savory peanut butter and dusting of spiced sugar makes for a beautiful song in your mouth!
Visit PR web page if in NC or around the southeast to find in your area, or order some here!
Free shipping with just a $25 order!
Peanut Butter & Hot Pepper Jelly Doughnut Holes
- oil for frying, I used peanut oil
- 1- 8 count can Grands biscuits
- Peggy Roses Hot Pepper Jelly, or one of her others
- Peggy Roses All Natural Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pie spice, (I used Georgia Peach Spice from Savory Spice Shop)
- Heat oil deep enough for frying to med-low.
- Flatten each biscuit with hand or roller and cut in half. Flatten halves as much as possible so insides get done.
- Place dollop of jelly (with or w/out PB) in center and pinch to seal. Roll in hands to round the balls.
- Fry a few at the time a couple of minutes, turning to brown.
- Toss while warm in sugar mixture.