Published in Carolina Country Magazine April 2018
Tis the season when our chickens or those of our nearby friends with eggs start having an abundance… their “girls” are coming out of their winter doldrums and are busy laying lots more eggs. Just as spring asparagus is poking up from the earth. These two marry well together and can be paired in many ways. If you are looking for a tasty and crowd-pleasing dish for your Easter brunch table, you will love this casserole.
Cheesey. Fluffy. And so flavorful with the fresh asparagus! You can even use other veggies instead… add bacon, ham or sausage too. Super quick and easy to throw together, this is a good recipe to let your aspiring chefs make.
Do enjoy, and come on over to my fun facebook page and share your recipes. Happy Easter!
Easter Brunch Asparagus Casserole
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs. beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (only Duke's for me!)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tall can evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- several turns freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 1½ quart baking dish
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and sauté in butter 3 to 4 minutes until tender.
- Combine asparagus with all the other ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake about 30 minutes until it sets in center and starts to brown on top.
- Let stand about 10 minutes, and serve while hot.