Summertime… and the living is easy. Or should be. These Creamy Fried Chicken Salad Rolls are “everybody friendly” for summer gatherings in the backyard, at the pool or a beach picnic.
Unless you’d rather fry your own chicken, these rolls are “no cook” and just need a few minutes to throw together and chill for stuffing. Just be sure to keep safely cooled in transport and serving. Nobody’s got time for unsafe food belly aches!
I hope you will make n’take some of my Creamy Fried Chicken Salad Rolls this summer… or just make a batch to have on hand to grab from your fridge to enjoy alongside fresh summer tomatoes and ear of sweet corn… yummmmmm!
Credentials @ LinkedIn
Disclosure: I only recommend products here I use myself. I may receive a small commission from affiliate links on this or other posts on this web site at no additional costs to you.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY TABLE SCRAPS NEWSLETTER!
Be sure to visit (and share) my online stores:
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen …my unique seasonings, kitchen doodads & more!
Rada Knives and Kitchen Tools USA made budget-friendly cutlery (great for gifting)
Watkins 1868 Store. Did your mama and grandma buy from “the Watkins Man?” The best vanilla…
LINKS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON SIDE MENU OF BLOG HOME PAGE.
Creamy Fried Chicken Salad Rolls
- 6 cups fried chicken*
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (Duke's)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- ¾ cup roughly chopped sweet pickles (I prefer Mt. Olive Sweet Heat Bread and Butter)
- 4 cups roughly chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2-3 green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- a few dashes hot sauce, optional
- 2 8-count top split dog rolls
- garnish with fresh snipped chives, optional
- Chop up chicken into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients except rolls. Fold chicken into mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. When ready to serve or pack your picnic, stuff salad into rolls and keep safely cooled!