Featured in Carolina Country Magazine Summer 2017
Cucumbers… such a simple thing that can be enjoyed in so many ways! You’re just going to love this toasted sesame cucumber butter spread/dip… a fun outdoor gathering recipe to eat with crackers and toast points, and as a dip with veggies for all the keto folks in your posse. Keep some on hand for when neighbors walk over to sit a spell on the porch.
It’s a dip. A spread. A butter. A filling.
Spread on summer vegetable sandwiches on good bread or inside pitas.
Serve on charcuterie trays and grazing platters.
Tuck inside of lightly cooked mushroom caps.
Dollop on top of grilled meats… to “melt” when you take those hot steaks and chops off the grill.
Let your imagination run with this one… then come on over and share your ideas on my social media at:
Wendy’s Home Economics
and IG @culinaryadventuristwendy
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen
and IG @ auntdeedeeskitchen
Toasted Sesame Cucumber Butter Spread
- 8 ounces ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke’s preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, (plus 1 tablespoon for garnishing)
- 2-3 green onions, minced (with tops)
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- about 1 cup finely diced cucumber (not peeled)
- Blend together all ingredients except cucumber until smooth. Fold in cucumbers. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Variations: Add fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, basil). Fold in some grated cheddar cheese and pimento to make a cucumber pimento cheese.