Published in Carolina Country Magazine July 2020
No cooking ice cream for this gal! I’m a simple throw cooker, and created this yummy summer treat for my throw cook’n brothers and sisters. Just a little planning ahead is the most “work” needed for this sweet and creamy frozen treat. It’s too hot to even write a long blog post or ask you to read one, so today, short… and sweet!
Just make some. And come add your 2 cents worth on my facebook post…
No Churn Cantaloupe & Coconut Ice Cream with vanilla bean
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can (11.6 ounce) sweetened, condensed coconut milk*
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- 2 cups roughly chopped ripe cantaloupe pulp with juice
- Toasted coconut, optional
- Put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove coconut fat solids from the chilled can of milk and place in deep mixing bowl for about 20 minutes. (Save the liquid for use in smoothies, muffins, oatmeal or cocktail mixes.) Whip with mixer until fluffy.
- Blend in coconut milk, condensed milk and vanilla bean. Fold in cantaloupe. Pour into loaf pan or bowl and freeze. Garnish with toasted coconut at serving time.