Summertime… and the live’n is easy. Or should be.
Ice cream sandwiches should be a part of summer menus. And fuss free. And full of flavor. Like these! The no-cook Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is quick to make and the sandwiches too. Perfect for when you “want just a little something sweet,” these baby sandwiches fit the bill on that one. Enjoy just one… or a few! These are especially good served for dessert with seafood meals… like little bites of Key Lime Pie, but better!
The crunch and saltiness of the pretzels hugging the creamy, sweet and tangy lime ice cream make a perfect pairing. I do hope you will make some… great to have on hand for when folks drop by to sit on the porch, or while dip’n your toes in the pool too!
You might even grab one on the way to bed… ssshhh, I won’t tell.
This recipe created for and published in Carolina Country Magazine June 2018.
Food propping/styling and photography © (copyrighted) by Wendy Perry.
Carolina Country Magazine Contributing Recipes Editor
Disclosure: I only use and recommend products here I use myself. I may receive a small commission from affiliate links on this or other posts on this web site at no additional costs to you.
Be sure to visit my online stores:
Aunt Dee Dee’s Kitchen for my seasonings, dried goods, pickles, jams, preserves, kitchen linens and more! Lots of new goodies in 2022.
And for the best budget-friendly MADE IN THE USA by folks like you and me, my Rada Knives and Kitchen Tools online store.
THESE LINKS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON SIDE MENU OF MY BLOG HOME PAGE.
Key Lime Pie Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can condensed milk
- ¾ cup fresh key lime juice*
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 16 ounce bag pretzel “snaps” squares (Snyder’s)
- Caramel Magic Shell® topping
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Blend in milk and juice until well combined. Fold in crumbs, zest, salt and honey. Pour into container; cover and freeze overnight.
- To assemble: Remove ice cream from freezer for 10 minutes. Lay out pretzels and top each with about 1 tablespoon of ice cream; top with another pretzel. Freeze in covered container until serving time.
- Drizzle with magic shell and serve.