Published in Carolina Country Magazine May 2019
I’m all about things that can be fixed ahead so when it is time to entertain, the cook can enjoy the gathering too, and not be all busied by getting things ready. Foil packets check that box! My Dilled Grilled Potato Salad packets (my version of Grilled German Potato Salad!) are a side dish that will go alongside most anything… from meats, to fish and seafood… and they won’t take you much time to prepare… ahead of time… ready to throw on a hot grill for only 15-20 minutes. Give this recipe a try, perhaps alongside my Orange Marmalade Steak and Chicken Kabobs.
I like Peggy Roses Champagne Mustard in these! Find out about that, where to find or order here…
Hop on over to my facebook community and tell everyone what you think, and enjoy the party that goes on there!
Dilly Grilled German Potato Salad Packets
- 2 heavy-duty foil sheets (or 4 regular sheets, doubled)
- 2 lbs. red potatoes (with skin)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, diced
- ½ cup kosher dill pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or pickle relish juice
- 3-4 tablespoons bacon drippings or oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard, (I like to use Peggy Roses Champagne mustard)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh dill
- Heat grill to medium-low.
- Coat foil generously with pan spray. Cut potatoes into ¾-inch cubes and divide among the two foil sheets.
- Combine remaining ingredients except dill. Spoon mixture over potatoes. Wrap and seal the packets.
- Place onto hot grill over direct heat; cover and cook 10 minutes. Check one packet for doneness — if needed, cook several more minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5–10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh dill.