Who doesn’t love steak? If you are looking for a “sure to please” appetizer for your holiday gatherings, you’ll surely want to add this one to your table. They are quick and easy to make, yet really spiffs up the menu. The horseradish whipped cream on the side for dip’n is just right for these steak bites too.
Keep an eye out and pick up your preferred cut when on sale. Go ahead and cut up the pieces, then freeze to have on hand for quick fix’n. Even better, go ahead and freeze in the marinade so that all those flavors can spend some time getting to know the steak making your bites even more better!
I do hope you will give these a try, and come to my facebook community and tell me what you think. See the recipe where it first appeared in the December 2017 Carolina Country Magazine, or below where you can print.
Glazed Steak Bites with Horseradish Whipped Cream
- 4 lbs. lean beef (rib eye, filet or sirloin) cut into 3/4" cubes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup grapeseed or olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
HORSERADISH WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (Duke's preferred)
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch sugar
- minced chives
- Combine marinade ingredients. Put beef into zippered bag. Pour marinade over, seal and toss to coat. Marinate, refrigerated, 30 minutes to overnight.
- Heat half the oil and butter in cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add steak pieces, making sure not to crowd (cook in batches adding oil and butter as needed). Sear until “crust” forms.
- For whipped cream: Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining ingredients. Garnish with chives. Serve with steak bites.