Published in Carolina Country April 2020
Looking for something “plum good?” Here you go! This pie is super simple… and oh so creamy with spiced plums nestled into the creamy goodness. Perfect for your Easter table…
This is one of those recipes you can twist up, and use other fruits instead of plums… depending on what is in season and what you have on hand. Soon, I want to try this with bananas… and make a banana cream pie, with a dollop of whipped cream, of course. Doesn’t that sound tasty? Stuck at home because of Ms. Corona, I think I have all the ingredients to make one… guess I’ll have to invite folks to come have some handed out the door on a paper plate.
I hope you will give this one a try… and come chat about it in my fun facebook community too.
And stay safe… hopefully she will be gone soon and we can return to somewhat normalcy.
Spiced Plum Cream Pie
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 9" pie crust, unbaked
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 cups plums, pitted and thinly sliced (about 6 plums)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine spices with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Dust bottom of crust with 1 teaspoon of sugar-spice mix, pressing into soft dough.
- Grate cold butter over spiced crust. Cover with plums.
- Add remaining spice mix to ⅔ cup sugar, flour and cream. Whisk to blend well.
- Pour over plums and bake on center rack about 35–40 minutes, until center is set. Cool before serving.